April 4, 2011 by Vincent
5 Things Angry Birds Can Teach You About Blogging
This is a guest post by James Yeang
1. There’s more than one way to get things done. Just as there’s more than one way to solve an angry birds puzzle, don’t just rely on a single source to guide you through your blogging experience. Most people are biased in favor of what they themselves have been successful with. Experiment and learn from it, and you may come up with a solution of your own. Thereâ€™s more than one way to write a successful blog.
2. Don’t give up. Some angry birds levels are incredibly difficult. They almost seem impossible to complete. You get the same feeling sometimes if your traffic plateaus, or you get a case of writer’s block. Just don’t give up because the next great idea is often around the corner. Great blogs arenâ€™t built overnight, and you need a consistent pace to get to where you want.
3. Timing is crucial. Some levels require you to interact with birds in flight. Here timing is always critical. Same goes with blogging. If you strike while the iron is hot, pick the right topics, you get more attention. Pick up on hot news in your niche and give your own spin to it. Writing about the topic of the hour will almost certainly get you more attention and reactions from your readers.
4. Pick a path and fine-tune accordingly. Perhaps the most important trait to have with Angry Birds is learning from your previous mistakes. Finetuning your writing and blogging strategy is just as important as finetuning your trajectory on Angry Birds. Test different advertising placements, tweak your niche and test out new ways of writing which you havenâ€™t done before. Changes you make when you blog donâ€™t need to be radical. Once you find out what works best for your blog, just zero in and focus on it.
5. Have fun. In the end, just like putting birds in flight to combat pigs who steal eggs, blogging is meant to be fun. If it isn’t , or if things start to get you down, then take a step back, smell the roses and try again another day
James Yeang runs Friedbeef.com, and is hopelessly distracted by Angry Birds whenever he picks up his iPad. Ironcally, he has also written about 12 geeky techniques to stop yourself from slacking off.
Delena Silverfox - April 5, 2011 @ 11:22 am
Wow. Everyone’s been talking about Angry Birds lately, it seems. It must be a really amazing and fun game if I’m seeing so much mention of it!
Is there a non-iOS version around? I’m not any type of Mac user, but now I’m really, really curious!
vLight - June 20, 2011 @ 4:26 am
@Delena Silverfox, u can download (for free) a browser-version of the game in google chrome’s appstore..and play it in the browser
Vuong - April 5, 2011 @ 6:14 pm
Very interesting idea! I love your post James very much! Blogging need time, consistence, experiment, and of course working hard.
@ Vicent: It looks like you are get in stuck these days?
Vincent - April 6, 2011 @ 9:44 am
Getting a little busy with my course, 2 flight tests waiting in line.
Friedbeef - April 5, 2011 @ 8:14 pm
@Delena – its available on every major OS. Android, Symbian. etc 🙂
Delena Silverfox - April 19, 2011 @ 3:19 pm
@Friedbeef, Thank you tons! I honestly am not really familiar with shopping around for apps. I’m still using a flip phone, to be honest. 🙂 But more and more, I’m getting romanced by neat features that smart phones have
Kinda leaning toward an Android next, I think. And if I do, I’m getting Angry Birds! lol
nazimwarriach - April 10, 2011 @ 10:06 pm
It is an interesting post and I like your idea of taking Angry Bird Game as example to teach blogging basics.
Michael Aulia @CravingTech.com - April 13, 2011 @ 8:34 am
Haha, nicely done. It’s cool how you can learn a lot from games or any life events and transform them into blogging tips
I mostly use some ideas from the Sunday’s sermon and transform them into blogging tips 🙂
Kavya Hari - April 20, 2011 @ 1:43 pm
Yeah,it’s really fun ). keep giving valuable post on here 🙂
nazimwarriach - April 24, 2011 @ 6:32 pm
It is fun to read this awesome post so that’s why I came here again and read this post twice.
Michael Carabini - May 13, 2011 @ 10:03 pm
Check out their puppet video inside this post and tap your feathers to the beat. Now you can fold your own angry bird and do whatever it is you want to do with your birds!.
Saurabh Mukhekar - June 15, 2011 @ 12:20 am
Nice suggestion from angry birds 🙂
hemp - June 24, 2011 @ 4:51 am
You simply cannot appreciate the brilliance of Angry Birds unless you play the game. You could waste a good deal of time catapulting those angry birds through the air trying to get the arc just right so you smash the pigs castle.
hemp - July 15, 2011 @ 5:26 am
……..Whether you have 3 weeks 3 years or 30 years of MLM experience we would like you to share the uniqueness of your company and why its worth pursuing. ……There are new and creative ways of getting your opportunity in front of thousands. ……………………………………………You are here Can mobile apps improve your marketing?
Arpan Deb - July 24, 2011 @ 5:28 pm
Great post!!. A nice philosophical way to look at a game like Angry Birds. You can apply the same points to things other than blogging.
Looking forward to similar posts about other games.
mallextreme - August 31, 2011 @ 3:25 pm
Angry Birds http://www.mallextreme.com/angry-birds-soft-plush-toy-6-birds-4-pigs-game_p26939.html
large dog crate - May 24, 2012 @ 9:53 pm
I have never heard of using Angry Birds to tell blogging. It’s an interesting angle.
acedemic writing service - August 2, 2012 @ 3:10 am
The blog was absolutely fantastic!
collections software - October 15, 2012 @ 9:42 pm
This is a very significant blog. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Keep up the good job in posting very good topics.
foldable trolley bags - December 27, 2012 @ 9:46 am
The article made my day. Thanks for your fine work, I bookmarked and will share to my mates.
rental mobil semarang - February 24, 2014 @ 4:50 pm
I love your blogs, Thanks for the nice post. I have already bookmarked it 😀
persewaan mobil solo - April 14, 2014 @ 3:39 pm
These articles written too great,they rich contents and data accurately. they are help to me. I expect to see your new share
persewaan mobil solo - April 14, 2014 @ 4:06 pm
Amazing..these articles written too great,they rich contents and data accurately. they are help to me. I expect to see your new share
teknologi pengolahan air bersih - May 6, 2014 @ 3:23 pm
Thanks for posting this. Your blog is so interesting and very informative.Thanks
Aanrechtblad - June 21, 2014 @ 10:52 pm
I don’t be sorry that spent a few of minutes for reading. Write more often, surelyâ€™ll come to read amazing new.
mindfulness courses - June 29, 2014 @ 10:57 pm
This particular post is really very interesting. It has a really great peace of Data, I enjoyed very well with this particular blog it has very useful information I like to much the style of this Article. Pleasure thanks for the share and stuff
Granieten bladen - September 21, 2014 @ 6:39 pm
I m saving your blog in my personal folder to visit again You made legal points within this article that I sense need further examination. I agree with most all of this info. amazing work.
jual printer kartu - October 10, 2014 @ 4:39 pm
I am glad to found such useful post. I really increased my knowledge after read your post which will be beneficial for me.
bunga papan bandung - February 6, 2015 @ 3:32 pm
I always find such amazing posts on this website and today’s post was really amazing. Thank you
Deck Drain - March 10, 2015 @ 4:06 pm
I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
Pankaj Solanki - February 27, 2018 @ 7:33 pm
Hi, the contact form on your site is not working. Can you please check and fix it? I wanted to contact you. Thanks!